5 Things to Know (and be excited about!) as we celebrate CBF Global's 25th Anniversary
1) State and Regional CBF Organizations will receive ministry block grants from the Campaign. CBF Florida will receive a $100,000 block grant from CBF Global's 25th Anniversary Campaign to use in our own context for sustaining CBF Global Missions, Forming Healthy Churches and Nurturing Young Baptists. Beyond supporting CBF in a global sense, giving to the 25th Anniversary Campaign helps us here in Florida too!
2) The Campaign has great momentum! Individuals, churches, partners and foundations have given or pledged more than $9 million toward our $12-million goal. That’s 76 percent!
3) Churches are pledging their support. From Birmingham to Memphis and Seneca to Jacksonville, churches are pledging support to help sustain the next 25 years of missions and ministry. Churches that make any gift or pledge to the campaign by the end of October 2016 will be recognized across the Fellowship as Charter Members.
4) Get creative with church giving. It seems there are as many creative ways for churches to make gifts to the campaign as there are CBF partner congregations! Congregations making gifts or pledges to the campaign have done so from special designated funds, budget surpluses and even through collaborations with other churches to make a gift in honor or memory of a former pastor.
5) There’s a place to go for more information. Make a campaign gift or pledge, order resources about the campaign, read a campaign Q & A, download Bible study curriculum and worship resources to celebrate CBF’s 25th Anniversary at www.CBF.net/cbf25.