The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Florida partners with many to affect the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world. Our primary partner in the area of missions is CBF Global.
CBF Global's mission is to serve Christians and churches as they discover and fulfill their God-given mission. Baptists have been about the work of forming together for more than two centuries to make disciples of all nations. The Fellowship supports 120 long-term field personnel serving in 30 countries, 50 Student.Go interns and hundreds of short-term mission teams annually.
CBF's Mission Distinctives offer Cooperative Baptists common language for our common witness to the Triune God. The commitments reflect the values inherent to the Fellowship's mission engagement, while the contexts focus more intentionally on the work of our Global Missions field personnel. Since the world has come to the doorstep of many of our communities, CBF field personnel live out the following commitments alongside CBF congregations within the contexts of global poverty, global migration and the global church. Learn more about our Mission Distinctives and some of the ways we already see them working around the world here.
Our Mission Commitments
1. Cultivating Beloved Community - we cultivate communities of reconciliation and hospitality that serve as instruments, signs and foretastes of the kingdom of God.
2. Bearing Witness to Jesus Christ - we bear witness to the gospel through words that invite faith in Jesus and actions that embody the way of Jesus.
3. Seeking Transformational Development - we seek to transform systems that suppress the capacity of individuals and communities in order to recognize, claim and celebrate the God-given gifts of all people and places.
Our Mission Contexts
1. Global Poverty - in a world where 1 in 8 persons suffers hunger, 2.8 billion live on less than $2 per day, 1 billion lack access to clean water, and 35.8 million are enslaved, Cooperative Baptists seek sustainable responses to systems of poverty that devalue life and diminish the image of God.
2. Global Migration - with over 232 million migrants in the world, including 16.7 million refugees, we live in an age of unprecedented human mobility. Such movement affords Cooperative Baptists the opportunity to extend hope and hospitality to those who are driven by circumstance or drawn by opportunity away from their homes.
3. Global church - we live in the era of a global church where no single tradition or culture can lay claim to the center of Christianity. Cooperative Baptists befriend Christians from around the world to share and receive gifts and to engage in God's mission together through worship, fellowship, education, and service.